This starts on Thursday 24th September 2020 and runs between 6:00pm and 7:30pm.
Location: Free workshop on Zoom
The aim of the forum is to provide networking opportunities and better access to knowledge and information, for organisations that are BAME and refugee led.
Hosted by the VCS Alliance, the meeting will be chaired Elaine Pearson-Scott.
The aim of the forum is to provide networking opportunities and better access to knowledge and information, for organisations that are BAME and refugee led. This will be an initial scoping exercise to better understand what members would want from a forum going forward.
The network is for
- BAME-led voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) groups and organisations operating in Gloucestershire
- BAME individuals living in Gloucestershire who have knowledge of their communities and able to represent those communities.
- Individuals or groups looking to engage with BAME communities and individuals
By BAME-led we mean: an organisation that exists primarily to serve the BAME community, or a section of that community, with decision making led by members of that community.
The role of this network will be defined by its membership but some of the issues we hope to address are:
- Improving access to support services
- To support BAME individuals access trustee, governance and leadership positions within the VCSE
- To redress some of the current inequalities in the VCSE sector
- To support more individuals from BAME communities volunteer
- To provide a touch point for the care system, commissioner and the VCSE access voices from BAME communities
- Providing networking opportunities for organisations who support BAME communities, refugees, and asylum seekers.
If you would like to take part, please email email@example.com
No questions posted.
Please sign-up for an account to ask questions about this item.